One of the main advantages of designing a material handling system with TriFactor is their in-house electrical engineering capabilities. TriFactor’s electrical controls and software engineers bring a wealth of experience in designing and implementing complex conveyor systems. With skills ranging from electrical power design, PLC programming, industrial networking, Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming and UL508(a) Certified Industrial Control Cabinet Design, TriFactor does not rely on subcontractors to fulfill these vital roles of a project. We believe that having such core competencies as a part of our solution process is critical since our experiences have shown that a majority of a projects' success is hinged upon proper system controls and a well thought out testing and acceptance plan.
Additionally, our electrical engineering staff understands the needs and has successfully developed solutions that interface our customer's Warehouse Management System (WMS) to the material handling equipment inside the distribution center. We have integrated with many types of WMS solutions in order to ensure that inventory is real time and accurate, orders are picked efficiently, replenishment is done prior to stock out, and manifesting and shipping is precise. On top of that, TriFactor routinely provides custom reporting services, so that operators and supervisors can monitor and track the performance of their distribution operations.
Our highly trained staff of Electrical and Controls Engineers is experienced in some of the most sophisticated technologies that are being utilized in today's ever-changing, electronic-rich environment.
Electrical Control Design Elements
- Controls Review - Needs analysis / Design Study / Design Build
- Control Systems Design - Platform Selection and Configuration
- Detailed Sequence of Operation
- UL Panel Design & Fabrication
- One Line Diagrams
- Electrical Wiring Schematics
- Field Device Site Layout
- Network Layout and Design: Fiber optic and fieldbus systems ie. Ethernet, Profibus, CANbus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote I/O, DH+, Modbus, MELSECnet, A/SI).
- PLC Programming and Documentation: Allen-Bradley, General Electric, Mitsubishi, Modicon, Koyo, Fanuc, Westinghouse, Omron, Reliance Automax
- PC Programming and Documentation: VisualBasic apps in multiple operating systems.
- Human-Machine Interface Development and Documentation: Allen-Bradley, InTouch, Xycom, General Electric, Eaton, Mitsubishi. Wonderware
- Detailed System As-Wired Drawings
- Operations, Safety and Troubleshooting Training
For additional information, TriFactor’s John T. Phelan, Jr. wrote a white paper titled "WCS/WMS: Taking Control of Your Business", which can be viewed in the TriFactor Learning Center section of this website.